Thursday, November 1, 2012

#15 Challenge Day

Without a drop of exaggeration, the Challenge Day had went ahead, blew my mind like Sandy, and changed my view of everyone I've ever seen or met. When the day was over, my head was totally blank from challenge-overload. In my mind was exactly what just happened, what just happened, and 'what just happened?'. It was overwhelming listening to the stories other people had to say. To be honest, I was worried that I might look like some cold-hearted beast if I didn't cry there. The worry was unneccesary. It also made me realize no matter how different people are from each other, they are still humans, and they go through similar things. It really hit home when we got to see just how many people had experienced same pain, and for those of us who did not, the problems they had to endure to become who they are of today.I will never forget those six hours of challenge that taught me to cry when I feel like it; to share my sadness and joy with those around me. It was the best education ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment