Sunday, January 6, 2013

#23 Oscar Pistorius

We didn't separate sports into different categories, such as hockey and field hockey, just for the heck of it. I think this issue with Pistorius' artificial legs is the same. My opinion is that if our science is not developed enough to build artificial legs that will neither help or interfere with the abilities of the athlete, we should wait. Although to all of us running without legs or feet appear to be far from easy, the Paralympians also had their time to learn to walk and run on those machines. Even if Pistorius had to spend certain length of time to adjust to their new legs, I think the advantage of not having to control the leg muscles below the knees would even out that problem. In conclusion, I don't think it was a very good idea for him have participated in the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment