Tuesday, October 16, 2012

#10 Marc's Story

Craig's story was more impressive than Marc's because taking that initiative to found an organization from the scratch appears to be more challenging in my view. I wonder how Marc earns living, though, now that he goes around volunteering in hospitals. It's just that I can't understand why Marc didn't just work the big jobs, earn lots of money, and then use that money to at least pay back his student loans. He could also have donated money to the hospitals to get them better treatment. I guess I'm disappointed that Marc would be wasting his Harvard education to volunteer in a hospital -when he doesn't even have a medical degree! His future then was probably the most difficult decision he had ever made in his entire life. Although I admire Marc for having been able to follow his heart between the two choices, I find Craig's achievement more impressive, perhaps, because it's something I would less likely be able to accomplish. I just can't see myself choosing to volunteer in a hospital after earning a degree in Harvard.

No comments:

Post a Comment