Tuesday, October 9, 2012

#6 Kim's Story


I have to wonder, how did she manage to return to being a public speaker after that experience of being a spokesperson of Vietnamese government under their threats? As a child, it must have been such a traumatic experience to fall victim to a war, and then being used by the government afterwards. Just imagining my skin melting from a third-degree burn gives me shivers. I can't believe that her husband was willing to abandon everything at the spur of the moment and up and illegally immigrate to a country they barely know anything about. It's great that she found what she could do to help get over her trauma and educating the future generations of the horror of war. I do wonder, though, why can't the governments think of a better way to compete, other than trying to obliterate everything into bits and pieces, with their genius strategists?

No comments:

Post a Comment