Tuesday, October 2, 2012

#5 Craig's Story

I admire Craig Kielburger the most for being able to put his thoughts into action because many people can dream about such ideal goals, but most will not be able to act upon those awesome thoughts. Also, I think Mr. and Mrs. Kielburger deserves every ounce of my respect towards them. I know I would not be able to live with my house turning into a mini headquarters of an organization; and I'm sure that not all parents would be able to support a project of such magnitude. It's really hard to believe that it was a twelve year old child who had started this idealism, this movement of changing the idea of "Me" to "We". It saddens me, on the other hand, because it means that the adults and the leaders of the world were so busy with our materialistic world that they didn't have the time to make an effort to solve the problem that even a twelve-year-old found immoral. The adults should not overlook the children's voices just because they are weak and less experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment